Floral Photography Workshops
This three (3) hour studio workshop will cover the basic principles of floral lighting, composition, and design. We will include the use of one strobe, (hand-held flash) or incandescent light mixed with the natural light available. This workshop will also include learning to recognize the quality of light with the use of bare lighting, reflected lighting, and diffused lighting.
Our in studio Floral Workshops are designed for both the macro and non-macro lens owners. The emphasis of the class is to reinforce the design elements and composition of the floral arrangement or single flower. We will start by discussing the particular interesting elements of the flower or arrangement and how it might be best to approach that particular subject.
These workshops are for EVERYONE who has the basic understanding of the MANUAL exposure control of their cameras. If you are not that familiar with your camera yet then you might first want to take the “Getting To Know Your Camera” and/or the “Fundamentals of Photography 101” workshops that we offer on a monthly basis.
In This Workshops We Will Cover
• Setting the Stage
• Choosing or Creating the Right Background For Your Particular Flower(s)
• Choosing the Right Lens
• Function and Placement of Light
• Quality and Direction of Light
• Modification of Light-Tools of the Trade
Tools We Will Use
• Hand Held Flash Unit or Studio Strobes with adjustable output or incandescent bulbs along with the existing light available.
• Light box or framed translucent material.
What To Bring
• Digital SLR Camera with different exposure modes, mainly Manual Operation.
• Cable Release or Remote triggers.
• A detachable flash unit compatible with your camera-Helpful but NOT MANDATORY for this class.
• Camera Batteries
• Memory Cards
Familiarity with the operation of your camera and the basic understanding of photographic lighting. Or have taken one or more of our other basic courses
“Getting To Know Your Camera”
“The Fundamentals of Photography 101”
Basic Floral Photography
Registration Fee: Only $75.00
3 (three) attendees minimum and 6 (six) attendees maximum.
Attendees will work in teams of two and/or with the instructor.
NOT SCHEDULED UNTIL DECEMBER 2018 ~ CALL FOR PRIVATE COURSE
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Island Images/Gallery of Hope
2036 14th Ave. STE 101,
Vero Beach, FL 32960
Downtown Main Street, Vero Beach
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT